A dysfunctional culture prevents high performance teams and organisations.
Here are six signs of dysfunction:
- High staff turnover – People are leaving the organisational or team because the atmosphere is toxic.
- Communication is poor – Information and clarity of direction is not getting through to people. People do not know how their efforts and skills contribute to the team or organisation’s goals.
- Lack of role models – Leaders and managers are not skilled at leading teams and people, they are not living their organisation’s values or demonstrating role model behaviours.
- Minimum career progression – High performing talent who have gone the extra mile, demonstrated commitment and potential are not being trained and developed for future succession.
- Lack of trust – People are being micro-managed. People are not empowered, they are constrained. Poor leadership and management capabilities are holding the team and organisation back from achieving high performance potential.
- Burn out – There is a lack of empathy and respect for work/life balance and wellbeing. There is a relentless pressure for work beyond what is reasonable and healthy.
Recognise any of these? Reach out to discover how we can help your team or organisation to develop high performance culture: firstname.lastname@example.org